Gary DeLong (R-CA-47)
Gary DeLong Congressional Candidate California District 47
Biography from Friends of Gary DeLong
Gary DeLong is a third generation Southern California native who has lived in the Long Beach area for over 25 years. His commitment to our community led him to run for city council, where he is now serving his second term representing Long Beach’s 3rd District.
On the City Council, Gary serves as chairman of the Budget Oversight Committee — leading the way in maintaining a balanced budget each year. When the recession hit, Gary found ways to reduce government spending and eliminate waste, while protecting essential services such as public safety and infrastructure repair.
Gary also serves as chairman of the Alameda Corridor Transit Authority. He has been a leader in ensuring our region is prepared to meet future transportation needs in order to remain competitive, grow our economy and create jobs.
As accomplished businessman, Gary has amassed more than 30 years in the telecommunications industry. He is currently President of The RTP Group, a Southern California based telecommunication company, which he joined in 1988 when it was on the verge of bankruptcy. Gary initiated reforms and turned the business around by increasing revenues, reducing expenses and focusing on the customer.
Gary attended California State University, Dominguez Hills where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business. He later received his Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Southern California.
Gary DeLong resides in Long Beach with his wife Dawna, and daughters Danielle, Elizabeth and Katie.
List of past campaigns (as candidate and elected)
2006: Long Beach City Council District 3 – Elected with 67.7%
2010: Long Beach City Council District 3 – Elected with 62.6%
Past and present community involvement. (10 Years)
Gary has been an active community leader in Long Beach for over 25 years through his service on the following:
- City’s Economic Development Commission
- Aquarium of the Pacific Board of Directors
- Long Beach Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Council
- Long Beach City College Foundation Board of Governors
- Long Beach Public Library Advisory Board of Directors
- California Conference for Community and Justice (CCCJ)
- Rotary Club of Long Beach
- Laurelcrest School for Girls Board of Directors
- ChildNet Youth & Family Services Board of Directors
- Goodwill Industries of Southern California Board of Directors
- And others
List of endorsements
- Former Governor George Deukmejian
- Congressman Dan Lungren
- Congressman Ed Royce
- California Board of Equalization Vice-Chair Michelle Steel
- LA County Supervisor Mike Antonovich
- LA County Supervisor Don Knabe
- OC Supervisor Janet Nguyen
- Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens
- Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait
- Cerritos Mayor Carol Chen
- Lakewood Mayor Larry Van Nostran
- Signal Hill Mayor Larry Forester
- Long Beach City Auditor Laura Doud
March 22, 2012 Are You Tired of the Partisan Bickering in Washington?
March 13, 2012 City of Lakewood Endorsements
Feb. 14, 2012 Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce Letter
Jan. 17, 2012 Announces On-Site Campaign Manager