Simon Ribeiro (D-IL-9)
Simon Ribeiro Congressional Candidate Illinois District 9
Biography of Simon Ribeiro from Simon Ribeiro for Congress
- Simon grew up in Evanston, part of Illinois’ 9th Congressional District, and has lived there for 26 years.
- Simon’s Mom was a schoolteacher, and his Dad was a violin professor.
- After graduating from Evanston Township High School, Simon earned university degrees in political science, history, and secondary education.
- During college, Simon worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor, saving many from drowning and teaching many more how to swim.
- Simon taught for seven school years at the school districts of Chicago, Evanston, and Skokie.
- Currently, Simon is a high school teacher in the Chicago Archdiocese.
- Simon coached a Chicago public high school boys swim team, and taught swimming at Northeastern Illinois University and Northwestern University.
- Simon managed the voting process as an Election Judge and Equipment Manager in the elections of 2008, 2009, and 2011.
- Simon ran for Congress in 2010 and was nominated in February over the 2008 nominee, and won about five thousand votes.
- Illinois’ 9th Congressional District recently was redrawn and enlarged to include much of Chicago’s north end and the northern suburbs, stretching from the Lake to Arlington Heights.
- As an educator and activist, Simon has been concerned about the growing disparities and volatility of the struggling middle class.
- Not since the last World War, has the middle class been so vulnerable.
- Motivated by the people’s struggle, Simon is convinced that he and others must act as the change needed to alleviate the people’s suffering.