The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint for American Renewal
Congressman Paul Ryan Wisconsin District 01
Campaign links: Paul Ryan (R-WI-1)i
House Budget Committee – Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution
For years, both political parties have made empty promises to the American people. Unfortunately, the President refuses to take responsibility for avoiding the debt-fueled crisis before us. Instead, his policies have put us on the path to debt and decline.
The President and his party’s leaders refuse to take action in the face of the most predictable economic crisis in our nation’s history. The President’s budget calls for more spending and more debt, while Senate Democrats – for over 1,000 days – have refused to pass a budget. This unserious approach to budgeting has serious consequences for American families, seniors, and the next generation.
We reject the broken politics of the past. The American people deserve real solutions and honest leadership. That’s what we’re delivering with our budget, The Path to Prosperity. House Republicans are advancing a plan of action for American renewal.
- Cuts government spending to protect hardworking taxpayers;
- Tackles the drivers of our debt, so our troops don’t pay the price for Washington’s failure to take action;
- Restores economic freedom and ensures a level playing field for all by putting an end to special-interest favoritism and corporate welfare
- Reverses the President’s policies that drive up gas prices, and instead promotes an all-of the-above strategy for unlocking American energy production to help lower costs, create jobs, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
- Strengthens health and retirement security by taking power away from government bureaucrats and empowering patients instead with control over their own care;
- Reforms our broken tax code to spur job creation and economic opportunity by lowering rates, closing loopholes, and putting hardworking taxpayers ahead of special interests.
At its core, this plan of action is about putting an end to empty promises from a bankrupt government and restoring the fundamental American promise: ensuring our children have more opportunity and inherit a stronger America than our parents gave us.
For additional information see Congressman Paul Ryan or Ryan Budget Blue Print FY 2013