Victor G. Smith
Victor Smith Congressional Candidate Ohio District 6
Victor Smith Qualifications
Soldier – Leader – Engineer – Neighbor – Teacher – Awards
- Graduate Warren Local High School, Washington County, Ohio 1965
- Graduate US Military Academy, West Point, New York, 1969
- Infantry Officer Basic Course
- Airborne Training and Qualification
- Ranger Training and Qualification
- Air Defense Artillery Branch Qualification
- Engineer Officer Advanced Course Completed
- Ohio Director / Bugler – Southeast – of Bugles Across America. We provide a live bugler available to all funerals of Military Veterans. All Volunteers.
- Member of Washington County GOP Central Committee.
- Regional Coordinator of The Ohio Project getting signatures to amend Ohio Constitution to block forced participation in federal health care and fines for non-participation.
- State wide campaign coordinator to get Health Care Freedom Amendment passed.
- Submitted petitions for Ohio 6th Congressional district race with signatures from 11 of the 18 counties in the district. His 3 opponents combined, represent a total of 6 counties. Click here for details.
- West Germany: 4th Armored Division and 1st Armored Division at Bamberg
- Viet Nam: 1st Cavalry Division and Task Force Garry Owen at Bien Hoa
- California: 4th Training Brigade at Ft. Ord, Monterey
- Bronze Star
- Army Commendation Medal
- Vietnam Campaign Ribbon
Ohio National Guard Service:
- Preparation of war plans for Northern Europe working with Allies in Canada, France, Holland, West Germany, Belgium, and Great Britain.
- Results: The Iron Curtain came down.
- Awards: Army Commendation Medal; Ohio Commendation Medal.
- Civilian Engineer while in Ohio National Guard
Military Retired Rank: Major, 1989
Civilian Employment: 1974 to current.
Qualified, Registered Professional Engineer in Ohio.
- Valid and current, 1978 to present. (*This registration is indicated by the PE following his name.)
- Worked full-time as a Professional Engineer in Ohio, West Virginia, Kansas, Kazakhstan and Malaysia.
- Instrumentation, Systems, & Automation Society (ISA): Distinguished Society Service Award
- E.I.DuPont Co:.: 1) Corporate Silver Medal for Engineering Excellence for contributions on a global corporate motor drives team.
- E.I.DuPont Co.: 2) Local award for quick turn-around on emergency breakdown.
Community Leadership and Involvement:
- PTA President: 1978 – 1980
- Chairman of successful Warren Local School Levy campaigns in 1979 and 1982
- Coached Little League Baseball: 1981 – 1989
- Elected by peers to service on Parish Council: 2 terms; Consolidating parishes.
- Vice Chair of Parish Building Committee: 1995 – 1998: Built new $4.5 million church.
- 9 Years Service as Assistant Scoutmaster 1990 – 1998 with Boy Scouts: Planning and Conducting major troop activities and counseling for merit badges.
- 4 years Service as Diocese of Steubenville Boy Scout Committee. 2003 – 2006
- Trustee on County Library Board: 1995 – 1999: Design Leader for a new $1 million branch library.
- President of Library Board: 1997 – 1999: elected by peers.
- Music Ministry, St. Ambrose Church, Little Hocking, OH: 1987 – 2010
- Lector, St. Ambrose Church, Little Hocking, OH 1987 – 2010
- Taught nine years evening courses – Washington State Community College, Marietta, OH.
- Taught Instrumentation and Physics for Parkersburg Community College (now WVU-P), Parkersburg, WV.
- Taught Hydraulics for Washington County Career Center, Marietta, OH
Professional Associations: ISA, Senior Member
- Chair, Council of District Vice Presidents: 1999; elected by peers
- Executive Board Member of the Society (Vice President District 5): 1996 – 1999
- Executive Committee Member of the Society: 1999
- Director, Publications Department: 1999 – 2003
- District Nominator to select Society Officers, 2000 – 2005
- Chair, InTech Magazine Editorial Advisory Board: 1999 – 2003
- President of Parkersburg-Marietta Section (2 terms); elected by peers
- Co-Chair of Product Show: 1991, 1993, and 1995