Robin Ficker (R-MD-6)

Back to MD Candidate Bios

Robin Ficker


Campaign links: Robin Ficker (R-MD-6)


Robin K. A. Ficker

Robin Ficker Congressional Candidate Maryland District 6


Biography of Robin Ficker from Montgomery Petitions


In Montgomery County, where the elected officials, unions and Washington Post paper appeal to the 10% of the voters who control the Party Primary while using the other 90% as an ATM, Robin Ficker has stood out as a voice of reason.

He has collected 15,000+ voters’ signatures to place each of more than 20 charter amendments on the Montgomery County ballot. These ballot questions have received more than 2,000,000 votes.

In 2008, his charter amendment to require all nine council votes for the county council to exceed the inflation rate on property tax revenue increases passed county wide despite unanimous opposition from elected officials, unions, and the Washington Post.

Lately, opponents have obstructed the democratic process by contesting the validity of voters’ signatures. Challenges resulted in the nullification of hundreds of petitions because the pages contained 12 names on a page rather than the typical 10, and 7,500 confirmed registered voters’ signatures were invalidated because they did not meet draconian standards later reversed by a court decision.

This year, property tax rates were raised 4 cents despite recession-reduced assessments and residents paid a 240% energy tax increase after a public hearing attended by only 4 of 9 elected county council members.

Robin Ficker graduated from Montgomery County Public Schools, including Montgomery Blair High. He attended the United States Military Academy at West Point where he was on the Dean’s List and won “King of the Pits” in hand-to-hand combat, and the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He also received a B.S. in Engineering from Case Institute of Technology, a J.D. from the University of Baltimore Law School, and an M.A. in Public Administration from American University.

He runs Robin Ficker Law Offices where he has completed 25,000 cases in Maryland Courts and overturned 3 state laws in Federal Court. His first case went to the U.S. Supreme Court in an effort to overturn NFL TV blackouts of sold-out home Redskins games. Another case, Drudge vs. McKernon, ended sex discrimination practices in the office of the Montgomery County Attorney. He is also a Real Estate Broker with Robin Realty.

To keep in shape he runs the stairs at the University of Maryland’s Cole Field House where he estimates he has run well over 6,000,000 steps in the past 40 years.


Biography of Robin Ficker from Maryland State Archives


Born in Montgomery County, Maryland. Attended Montgomery County public schools; U.S. Military Academy; Case Institute of Technology, B.S.; University of Pennsylvania Law School; University of Baltimore Law School, J.D.; American University, M.A., public administration.

General Assembly:
House of Delegates, Montgomery County, 1979-82. Member, Constitutional and Administrative Law Committee; Joint Committee on the Management of Public Funds; Special Joint Committee on Vocational Rehabilitation.

Private Career and Other Public Service:
Attorney. Served in U.S. Army Reserves. Delegate, Montgomery County Civic Federation. Member, C & O Canal Association; Montgomery County Taxpayers League. Outstanding Montgomery Countian, Allied Civic Group, 1977. Placed Sixth Referenda on Montgomery County ballot, 1974-80. National AAU Submasters Pentathlon Champion, 1978, 600-yard run, 1979.

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Get Our Widget HERE