Campaign links: Gus Alzona (R-MD-8)
Gus Alzona Congressional Candidate Maryland District 8
* Over 39 years analytical/technical professional experience
* Over 32 years technical coordinator/project leader experience
* 28 years direct managerial experience
Volunteer Political Work Experience:
- Montgomery County Republican Central Committee Member, elected 1998-2002 (Treasurer 1999), 2006-2010;
- National Asian American Republican Coalition, Political Director, 2004-Present;
- Catholics for Steele, U.S. Senate campaign volunteer, 2006;
- Grassroots volunteer, Ehrlich for Maryland Gubernatorial Campaigns, 2002, 2006;
- Maryland Republican Primary candidate for Comptroller of Maryland, 2002;
- NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator, Presidential Election 2000;
- George W. Bush for President 2000, Maryland 2nd Amendment Grassroots Coalition Leader;
- John McCain for President 2000 volunteer coordinator (until McCain withdrew from that race);
- Filipino-American Republican Council of the National Capital Area, Vice-President for Maryland 1996-2000;
- Asian American Republican Club of Maryland, Montgomery County Chairman 1996-97, Treasurer 1999;
- Bob Ehrlich Campaign Training School, 1998;
- GOPAC Candidate Training School, 1998;
- Maryland General Assembly, District 16 Republican nominee, State Senate 1998, House of Delegates 1994;
- Men’s Republican Club of Montgomery County, Board of Governors, 1995-97;
- Dole/Kemp Presidential Campaign Volunteer 1996;
- Montgomery County Republican Party Region 16-1 Chairman, Bethesda/Rockville/Potomac, 1996;
- Grassroots Precinct Chairman, various campaigns, 1994-present.
Volunteer Civic/Community/Charity Work Experience:
- St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church Music Ministry, Tenor, 2008-Present;
- Alta Vista Gardens/North Bethesda Grove Community Association, President 1995-2008;
- Montgomery County Philippine American Association, Board of Directors 1998-1999, 2006-2007, Press Relations Officer, 2002-2005;
- Philippine Festival Committee, Press Relations Officer, 1997-98, 2003;
- Montgomery County Committee on Hate/Violence Member, 1997-2003 (twice appointed by the Montgomery County Executive and County Council);
- Montgomery County Civic Federation, Delegate 1995-2000;
- National Federation of Filipino American Associations, Vice Chairman, Press Relations 1997;
- North Bethesda Congress of Citizens’ Associations, Vice-President 1995-97;
- Montgomery Community Television, Certified Producer 1991-Present;
- Condominium Association Officer and Board of Directors Member 1978-80;
- AMESLAN (American Sign Language for the Deaf) teacher 1976-78;
- EEO counselor, D.C. Public Library 1976-78;
- AFL-CIO, AFSCME, Council 20, Local 1808, Secretary-Treasurer and Executive Board Member 1976-78.
Paid Professional Experience:
Financial Information Systems, Tax and Management Consultant, CPA; Trademark Entertainment, Producer/Manager, Bethesda, Maryland, 1989-Present.
Senior Systems Analyst, Team Leader; Network Engineering Systems Support, Network Engineering Division, MCI Telecommunications Corporation, 8200 Greensboro Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102, 1988-1989.
Systems Analyst, Systems Testing Project Leader; Traffic Systems, Corporate MIS, MCI Telecommunications Corporation, 1200 South Hayes Street, Arlington, Virginia 22202, 1987-1988.
Senior Systems Analyst, Configuration Management/Quality Assurance Officer, CASSS/STAFS Project, Applied Technology Division, Computer Sciences Corporation, Silver Spring, Maryland 1985-1987.
Financial Data Analyst, Unit Supervisor; Commercial Bank Reports Section, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Constitution Avenue & 20th Street, NW, Washington, D.C., 1980-1985.
Systems Accountant, Budget Analyst (Controller Department), Management Analyst II (Management Services Department); Financial Division, Equitable Trust Bank, Baltimore, Maryland, 1979-1980.
Supervisor of Circulation Division, Martin Luther King Memorial Library, 1978-1979; Audio-Visual/Tape Technician, Division for the Blind & Physically Handicapped, 1973-1978; Librarian/Desk Assistant, Chevy Chase and Tenley Friendship Branches, 1968-1973; D.C. Public Library, Washington, D.C.
Graduate work, MBA program, 1979; B.S., 1978, Business Management/Accounting,
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
A.A., General Education, Montgomery College, Rockville, Maryland, 1976.
Woodrow Wilson High School, Washington, D.C., Class of 1970.
Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.), current license maintained since 1988. Active status maintained by meeting or exceeding Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements of postgraduate work in computer applications, finance, taxation, management, and other related accounting practice coursework and experience.
Earned 95% of all educational expenses. Completed college degrees full-time at night while maintaining full-time employment and raising a family. Continue self-education via internet/web-based information services.