David W. Dodt (R-OH-Senate)
David W. Dodt Candidate for Senate from Ohio
Biography of David W. Dodt, Sr
Biography supplied via email.
- Monroe Mich. Aug.13, 1941
- Reverend Edwin H. Dodt (Father)
- Madeline Edna White Dodt (Mother)
- Lois Diane Clavey Dodt (June 1966)
- Daughter: Mrs. Jennifer Amy Nutter
- Son: David W. Dodt Jr.
- Over 40 years
- Attended several schools in Michigan and Texas. Finished High School in Defiance Ohio.
- Attended Defiance College for one year before entering the U.S. Navy.
- Attended the American Academy Of Art and the Chicago Academy of Art.
- Later, went to the University of Toledo and received an Associates Degree in Marketing.
- All his post NavyEducation was covered by the G.I. Bill.
- U.S. Navy 4 Years with an honorable discharge.
- He ended his service as a petty officer in Navigation Division with 3 yrs. 5 mo. 15 days at sea or in a foreign port.
- His ship the U.S.S. Oglethorpe AKA-100 was part of Amphibious Squadron 6.
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- U.S. Navy Expeditionary Medal
- Cold War Medal
- National Defense Medal
- Retired from General Motors in 2005.
- He ended his employment with 35.6 years of seniority.
- Retired, senior journeyman, as a member of the Dimensional Conformance Group at GM Powertrain.
- He wrote computer code for robotic systems that determined the dimensional integrity of the tooling and used or produced by G.M. Powertrain Division.
- In his tenure in skilled trades he learned computer languages as well as 2D and 3D CAD systems. The same Cad system that is used by NASA.
- He also dealt with statistical analysis.
- GM provided for his continuing high tech education.
Republican Party Political Participation:
- Defiance County Chairman for Reagan:
- He was Labor Liaison for the Ohio Republican Party under two state chairmen.
- Worked as a precinct captain and was on my counties Central Committee for several years.
- Wrote a Column for the UAW newspaper called The Republican View.
- Served on the local UAW CAPCouncil.
- Wrote and published a book called, “The Howard Dean Diary.”
- He attended Two National Conventions and was asked and did defend the Labor Plank of the Republican Party Platform on, “The News Hour,” on PBS by Reagan Ohio State Chairman Dave Johnson.
- Tea Party Affiliations:
- The Defiance County Patriots
- Northwest Ohio Freedom Alliance
Hobbies or Interests:
- Life Member of the NRA
- North American Hunt Club
- American Legion and VFW
- Long time member of the Maumee Valley Gun Collectors Association
- He is also a PADI certified Scuba Diver
- Enjoys world travel
Press Release and Statements:
Feb. 25, 2012 Email Blast: Statement on Election
Feb. 25, 2012 Email Blast: ISSUES