Campaign links: Paul Coble (R-NC-13)
Paul Y. Coble
Paul Coble Congressional Candidate North Carolina District 13
America faces many challenges today: terrorism, European economic instability, political chaos in the Middle East and nuclear proliferation in North Korea and Iran. But Paul Coble strongly believes that our biggest challenges are here at home – in the United States. The American economy is in a coma and is barely growing at all. New job creation is almost non-existent. Consumer confidence and investor confidence is at near all-time lows. Over 13 million Americans are unemployed, millions more have left the job market permanently. Even among those fortunate to have a job, millions are underemployed – and millions of American have lost their homes and businesses.
At the root of all these awful economic symptoms is the real illness. We have a national government in Washington that is consuming about 25% of all the income and wealth created each year by taxpayers and companies and then adding insult to injury, borrowing trillions of dollars it does not have, largely from foreign powers, in a risky dice roll that America can spend its way out of recession. Our national debt will soon reach about $17 trillion dollars. Washington’s unrestrained spending is harming our economy today and truly endangers our economic future. The question has to be asked, “Who is big enough to bail out the United States of America?” Unless changed, the Washington spending culture will bankrupt America.
That is why Paul Coble is running for Congress.
Paul Coble has the kind of “regular guy” background you don’t see often in Washington. He’s built a successful business, raised a family, sent his children to public schools and been active in his local community as Mayor of Raleigh and Chairman of the Wake County Commissioners – where he fought to eliminate wasteful spending, improve local services, streamline bureaucracy and balanced the budgets every year.
Paul was born and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina. Even as a child, he was exposed to issues of the day. His aunt and uncle were Dot and Jesse Helms. Those family discussions became an important catalyst in shaping a young boy’s attitudes regarding duty to community and nation – as well as fundamental conservative principles. Paul attended public schools in Raleigh where he was a stand out and Captain on the Broughton High school wrestling team. He then went on to Wake Forest University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in business. Later, Paul earned a RHU (Registered Health Underwriter) degree from Northeastern University in 1992.
Paul and Connie Kearney were married in 1977 and Paul started his Insurance business in 1982. Paul and Connie have two adult daughters who live in the Raleigh area.
Biography of Paul Coble from Wake County, North Carolina
Sworn in: December 2010 (second term)
Term expires: December 2014
- Insurance Broker and Partner in Raleigh Insurance firm, Coble, Nicholson & Associates, LLC
- Member National Association of Life Underwriters
PUBLIC SERVICE AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Chairman, Wake County Board of Commissioners, 2011
- Vice President of Wake County Taxpayers Association
- Convention Center Committee, 1992
- Raleigh School Board Oversight Committee
- Volunteer coach for Salvation Army T-ball and Soccer
- Member of the Raleigh 2000 Committee
- Raleigh City Council, District E, 1993–1999
- Mayor Pro Tem, Raleigh City Council, 1995–1997
- Mayor of Raleigh, 1999–2001
- Chairman CIAA Basketball Tournament – Steering Committee, 1999–2004
- Board of Directors, Wake 200 Club, 2000–present
- Advisory Board, Central YMCA , 2000–present
- Board of Directors, WakeMed Hospital, 2005–2010
- Wake County Board of Commissioners, 2006–present
- Vice Chair, Wake County Board of Commissioners, 2006
- Received B.S. in Business Administration from Wake Forest University in 1976
- Earned RHU (Registered Health Underwriter) from Northeastern University in 1992
- Third-generation resident of Raleigh
- Son of J.L. (Jack) Coble and Betsy Paul Coble
- Married to Connie Kearney Coble
- Two daughters, Courtney and Paige
- Member Trinity Baptist Church
- Graduated from Broughton High School in 1972