John Bolton, Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
Below is from Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Other information is on that page.
John R. Bolton currently serves as a Senior Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. His portfolio includes Foreign Policy and International Organizations.
Prior to arriving at AEI, Mr. Bolton served as the United States Permanent Representative to the United Nations from August 1, 2005 to December 9, 2006. From June 2001 to May 2005, Ambassador Bolton served as Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, also in the Bush Administration.
Prior to this, Ambassador Bolton was Senior Vice President of the American Enterprise Institute (AEI). He supervised the AEI research program, financial oversight, dissemination of the AEI research and publications, public affairs and general management.
United States Permanent Representative to the United Nations, United States Mission to the United Nations, 2005-2006
Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security, Department of State, 2001-2005
Senior Vice President, American Enterprise Institute, 1999-2001
Of Counsel, Kutak Rock, LLP, 1999-2001
Partner, Lerner, Reed, Bolton & McManus, 1993-1999
President, National Policy Forum, 1995-1996
Senior Fellow, Manhattan Institute, 1993
Assistant Secretary for International Organization Affairs, Department of State, 1989-1993
Assistant Attorney General, Department of Justice, 1985-1989
Partner, Covington & Burling, 1983-1985
Assistant Administrator for Program and Policy Coordination, U.S. Agency for International Development, 1982-1983
General Counsel, U.S. Agency for International Development, 1981-1982
Associate, Covington & Burling, 1974-1981”
Declared by time of Debate in Greenville SC.
- Herman Cain, CEO of Godfather’s Pizza
- Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
- Ron Paul, U.S. Representative from Texas
- Tim Pawlenty, former governor of Minnesota
- Buddy Roemer, former governor of Louisiana
- Rick Santorum, former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania
List of possible or soon to declare candidates
- Michele Bachmann, Congresswoman from Minnesota
- Mitch Daniels, Governor of Indiana
- Rudy Giuliani, lawyer, businessman, and former Mayor of New York
- Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House
- Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of Arkansas
- Jon Huntsman, U.S. Ambassador to China
- Sarah Palin, Former Governor of Alaska
- David Petraeus, General
- Mitt Romney, Former Governor of Massachusetts
- Donald Trump, Real Estate Mogul, Reality TV Show Star
Do you know where you still on the political spectrum? See “Political Beliefs, Where Are You” to find out where you stand.