Edwin Peacock (R-NC-9)
Campaign links: Edwin Peacock (R-NC-9)
Edwin B. Peacock, III
Edwin Peacock Congressional Candidate North Carolina District 9
Biography of Edwin Peacock from Friends of Edwin Peacock III
- Edwin is a Charlotte native, 42, born on March 6, 1970 at Presbyterian Hospital.
- He is the Vice President for The Pomfret Financial Company, Inc. (since 2000). Edwin’s company primarily represents Northwestern Mutual Financial Network where he serves as a Financial Representative (since 2003). He achieved his Charter Life Underwriter designation in 2006 by The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- He attended Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Lansdowne Elementary and First Ward Elementary. He graduated from Charlotte Country Day School in 1988 where he played varsity basketball and baseball and was the co-founder of the Teenage Republican Club.
- Edwin was elected Republican Member At-Large to the Charlotte City Council from 2007-2011. He served as the Chairman of the Environmental Committee. He also served on the Budget and Safety Committees.
Edwin is an active member of the Charlotte community:
- Charlotte City Council 2007-2011
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Development Corporation (Board Member 2007 -2011)
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Trustee (2011-Present)
- Charlotte Downtown Rotary (2003-present)
- Carolina’s Freedom Foundation (Board member, 2005-present)
- Charlotte Country Day Alumni Board (2003-2006)
- Leadership Charlotte (Graduate, Class XXVIII)
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church
- Myers Park Trinity Little League (Assistant Coach 2009-2011)
- Eastover Elementary (Lunch Buddy 2008 – Present)
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Advisory Board Member (January-November 2011)
- He graduated from The University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Certificate in Global Studies in 1992. He participated on the Varsity baseball practice squads (1990, 1992) and served on the Student Senate (1992).
- From 1992-2003 he lived in the Washington D.C. area where he worked in mortgage finance and financial services. He also coached Little League baseball while there from 1997-1999. In 2003, he returned to Charlotte.
- Edwin is a passionate supporter of those providing patient services or seeking a cure to those suffering from ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- Edwin successfully led an effort in 2006 to make the Hermitage Court subdivision in Myers Park Charlotte’s fifth Historic District.
- He is married to Amy Rupertus Peacock. They are the proud parents of E. Bruton IV (8yrs old) and Avery G. (7yrs old). Amy is a certified personal trainer and certified Chi running/walking coach