Joe Sizemore (R-IN-6)
Back to IN Candidate Bios
Campaign links: Joe Sizemore (R-IN-6)
Joe Sizemore Congressional Candidate Indiana District 6
“1. I have been married to Christy for almost 22 years and we have three teenage children who go to school in Franklin County. Rachel is a senior and plans to attend IUPUI this fall. Becca is a Sophomore and Joey is a 7th grader.
2. I have worked at the same factory for 29 years and farmed for 11 years. Christy has her own beauty shop and has cut hair for 23 years.
3. I am currently the elected councilman for County Council District One In Franklin County, Indiana. Since being elected I have always put the people of Franklin County first. I take my elected duties very seriously and feel there is no compromise when it comes to the people I represent.
4. I know people struggle. My family does everyday. My wife and I have worked all of our lives, however we do not live above our means: the house we live in was built in 1860 (we work on it every year) and I know what it is to have a mailbox full of bills. I know this will never change for the working person, but I believe this can be improved.
5. For instance why are there repeat hospital bills? The hospital reads something then sends it to someone else then two bills are due now. I think something can be done about that. I think hospital and insurance billing need some redefining.
6. Public Education will be a priority for me. If our schools fails people we are done for. I personally know a lot of teachers in high school and elementary. I know that they endure many difficulties on a day to day basis and they need help. Some people think teachers have it made, but I do not. I have seen first hand the things they have to deal with. Kids come into the schools everyday with personal problems that the teachers have to witness. The Schools were not built to be a daycare, but to educate and grow the minds of children according to their age group. we may have to add a social service worker to the schools. These problems arise a lot from the breakdown of the family and home, but it affects us all in one way or another.
7. Keeping family together is a subject that I feel is worth talking about. The breakdown of the family and moral values I feel are the reasons for a lot of our country’s troubles. It seems that no one cares anymore or its all about me. well once you have children its not all about you–it’s about them. I will advocate for the family and its importance to our society.
8. I value life and I love my children. I grew up in Rush and Franklin County before we moved to Ky when I was in the 7th grade. After moving there I attended two little Baptist churches in Southeastern Kentucky. I have morals and standards I believe in and live by, so by saying this I will not vote to lessen any laws on abortion. I hope that though education the abortion rate will continue to drop.
9. Summary– I am for the average person. I am one and will continue to be one. I have not accepted any money for my campaign, but I just ask one thing of the people– to help spread the word for me. A lot of money surrounds this job, but I hope this information shows people I am not in this for the money. I am told I will have to accept some money if I win the Primary, so we will cross that bridge when we have to. I know I wont be able to fix everything, but I will work on the things that are important to the people of this district. If You elect me I work for you. I will represent you and not a group or whatever I want. It is what the people of The 6th District wants.”