Campaign links: George T. Holland (D-IN-6)
George T. Holland
George Holland Congressional Candidate Indiana District 6
Biography of George Holland from George Holland for Congress
PERSONAL FAMILY HISTORY
- Native Hoosier
- Born in Evansville, Indiana, one of nine children in a working class
- Rush County resident since 1993
- Married to Janice for 54 years.
- Two sons. Janice & I are the proud grandparents of six beautiful
- Active in school activities when children were in school.
- Active in Indian Guides and Boy Scouts.
- Coached Little League Baseball. Also had a basketball clinic and
coached my son’s team in basketball.
- Active in Church Activities: Was a Deacon and Chairman of
Finance Committee@ Carrollton Ave. U.C.C., Indianapolis. Was
the Vice President and President of the Consistory @ St. Peter’s U.
C.C., Carmel, Indiana. Was a Deacon @ Main Street Christian
Church, Rushville, IN.
- Attended Evansville College; Fall of 1955 through Spring Semester
Attended Indiana University School of Medicine,
Sept. 1958 – February 1959.
- Graduate; Butler University, 1961; B. S. Chemistry/Zoology.
- Enlisted @ age 17 in U.S.A.F., July 31, 1951. Served four years
active duty and four years of inactive reserve. Served in NATO
three years; January, 1952-December 1954. Stationed @
Burtonwood AFB, Warrenton, England and Chateaureaux AFB,
Chateaureaux, France. Honorably discharged in 1959. Was
awarded a “Certificate of Appreciation” from the State of
Indiana in recognition of my services.(I returned this
certificate to Governor Daniels’ office as my protest against the
contrived Iraq and Afghanistan Invasions and Occupations
which were based on lies, deceit and greed.)
- Now Retired. Was in pharmaceutical sales for nearly 34 years,
(1961-1995) for American Home Products, which was known as
Wyeth Laboratories, now owned by Pfizer Laboratories
- Founding Member of American Veterans Against War.
- Member of Vietnam Veterans Against War
- Was a member of Veterans For Peace for several years. I was one
of two veterans who were instrumental in forming VFP Chapter 49
of Central Indiana.
- As a member of VFP, I traveled to Central America twice, at
my own expense, in order to obtain information about the U.S.
Supported “Contra” terrorist war against the peoples of Nicaragua.
- Was The Democratic Nominee and Candidate for Congress, 1988,
Sixth District of Indiana
- Was The Libertarian Candidate for Congress, 2008, Sixth District