Dan Bolling (D-IN-6)
Campaign links: Dan Bolling (D-IN-6)
Daniel Wade “Dan” Bolling
Dan Bolling Congressional Candidate Indiana District 6
Biography of Dan Bolling from Linkedin
Candidate for US Congress
Indiana Sixth Congressional District
September 2011– Present (8 months) Indiana Sixth Congressional District
Three Main Issues :
- Strengthen Economy by Job Creation (see below**), and Strengthen the Middle Class to Strengthen Demand – the key missing ingredient needed to restore our economy
- Save Medicare: Through Cost-Saving Innovation (see below**); and Through Rewarding Personal Responsibility For Healthier Habits
- Practice Civility, Respect, and other Adult Behaviors, Too Often Missing In Our Politics(see below**)
**In 2010-2011 Dan served as Director on a team that simultaneously : 1) Created 80 new, permanent, high-paying jobs in neighboring Michigan; 2) comprised a mix of Republicans and Democrats, lefties, and righties, who were all able to work effectively together; and 3) through good old American innovation, reduced the cost of an important product for medical research and diagnosis, by two-thirds.
CEO, VP Corporate Development, 2003-2005; now Volunteer Fund Raiser
CytoLogic , Inc
January 2003– Present (9 years 4 months)
CytoLogic is developing a two-pronged treatment for most solid tumors. One prong activates an existing immune response against solid tumors. This has been demonstrated in melanoma and sarcoma, to date, by CytoLogic.
The second prong of the CytoLogic treatment is predicted to dramatically improve the “therapeutic index” of standard chemotherapy, potentially making first-line chemotherapy simultaneously less toxic, and more effective.
Director, Northeast Region
Public Company; 51-200 employees; Biotechnology industry
January 2010– July 2011 (1 year 7 months)
Acquired by Becton Dickinson in 2011 for >$200Million
Part of team that brought 80+ new high tech jobs to Ann Arbor start-up company in about six years from the company’s founding. Those jobs nearly all continue in Ann Arbor, even after successful sale to Becton Dickinson.
Director, Enterprise (Final Title&Position)
GE Healthcare Life Sciences (and antecedent companies, acquired by GE)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; GE; Hospital & Health Care industry
March 1984– December 2007 (23 years 10 months)
NOTE: 1984-2007, Except for period away, serving as Founder and CEO of oncology/medical device company, CytoLogic, Inc.
Dan Bolling’s Education
Harvard Law School Program of Instruction For Lawyers
- Certificate ( NOT JD ), Negotiation ( w Roger Fisher )
- 1998 – 1998
- One Week Immersion Program
- ( I make no claims to be a lawyer; I am not)
- Activities and Societies: Harvard Program of Instruction for Lawyers Program
Indiana University – Kelley School of Business
- BS, Entrepreneurship
- Successful Business Owner While Student at IU
- Activities and Societies: Owner / Operator (with my late, beloved wife,and then fellow IU student, the amazing Carol Miller Bolling) of Earth Shoe Store, in Dunkirk Square, one block off campus, on corner of Kirkwood and Dunn