Paul B. Haring (R-TX-34)
Campaign links: Paul B. Haring (R-TX-34)
Paul B. Haring
Paul B. Haring Congressional Candidate Texas District 34
Biography of Paul B. Haring from Paul B. Haring for Congress
- Former Texas state representative who served three terms from1961-1967. First elected to serve at the age of 23.
- Born Jan. 18, 1937 in Beeville, Texas and grew up in Goliad. Graduate of Catholic Elementary School and Goliad Public High School.
- Graduate of University of St. Thomas in Houston with a B.A. Degree in History. Graduate of the University of Texas School of Law in Austin.
- Married Georgia Ann Kainer Haring from Weimar, Texas in 1968 and was happily married for 32 years until her death in 2000. Parents of six children: Frances, Paul, Patrick, Elizabeth, Mary and Catherine.
- Married Gloria Miranda from Mexico in 2008.
- Practiced law in Goliad, Galveston and Houston. Taught school for three and half years in public and Catholic schools in Texas.
- Served six years in Texas Air National Guard and U.S. Air Force Reserves.
- Attorney for Small Business Administration Disaster Relief Program. Exempt organization specialist for the Internal Revenue Service.
- Originated the Hyde Amendment which cut off most federal funds for abortions under the Medicaid program. Responsible for the introduction of the Smith Amendment which stopped most abortions under the Federal Health Insurance programs for Federal employees. Originated effort to stop U.S. Military abortion program.
- Former staff assistant, U.S. Congress.
- Past president, Catholic Truth Society of America
- Past executive director, Americans United for Life