Campaign links: J. D. Miniear (R-IN-7)
J. D. Miniear
J D Miniear Congressional Candidate Indiana District 7
I grew up the proud son of a railroader and a florist in northern Indiana in Huntington and then Lake Tippecanoe graduating in the top 10% of my class from Warsaw HS in 1978. I was on my school basketball teams all of my life until my senior year of high school when not making the team after an injury my junior year allowed me to work a full time job to help pay for college.
In my senior year at Northwestern University I ran 10 miles a day and tried out as a walkon for the Wildcat mens varsity team recording the most assists in the tryouts but was cut again. Also in my senior year I was elected fraternity chaplain and helped found a conservative campus newspaper.
I have been a Christian all of my adult life and in the 80′s I worked as a computer consultant based out of Indy. By the end of the decade I had been nominated to help coordinate United Methodist school and hospital missions outreaches for West Africa and had developed the pc based Aerosoft Fitness Log tracking exercises for individuals and institutions across the globe.
In the 90′s I picked up additional leadership roles with the Gideons International ministry and worked with the AAU, President’s Council and National Association of Governor’s Councils on Sports and Fitness promoting exercise and wellness using our fitness log. In the middle of the decade I served as the press liaison for the Marion County Christian Coalition. During this time I stayed on top of local issues and had letters to the editor printed in the Indy Star on the economics of building Conseco Fieldhouse and on preserving single class basketball for our state.
Other highlights and blessings during the 90′s were my son becoming the youngest Presidential Sports Award recipient in America, serving as a Boy Scout Chaplain and working with the Alfords on a pc based basketball training log.
This century has been a rockier one for me and many of us financially and I have worked in the mortgage field during the high and low times. I have experienced first hand with my customers the myriads of changes made by the federal government over the last few years to restrict access to lending for Americans of every stripe.
More spiritually rewarding has been the expansion of my ministry efforts to include street and church evangelism with my fiancee Kristina which has helped pave the way for my entrance into the political arena as a servant candidate in touch with the great people of Indianapolis.
• double major economics/computer studies Northwestern University 1982
• founding member of conservative campus newspaper ‘Northwestern Review’
• Marquis Who’s Who in America 1997-2005 developer Aerosoft Fitness Log pc shareware tracking Presidential Sports Awards
• Developer of W.A.R. Scoreboard (wellness and recreation) pc fitness log used by National Defense University Fort McNair 1998-2001
• Marion County Christian Coalition Press Liaison 1995-1996
• Indianapolis West District United Methodist Operation Classroom Missions Coordinator 1997-2011
• Indianapolis SE Gideons Camp Vice President 2000-2005, President 2005-2011
• campaign volunteer Dr. Marvin Scott for Congress 2010
Family and background:
• son Andrew senior United States Military Academy – West Point, NY
• fiancee Kristina evangelist grew up in Southern California personal friend of Ronald and Nancy Reagan
• 29 year resident of Indianapolis
• hometown Warsaw, Indiana – mother, father 2 sisters